Complete workstation for recording, creating and editing instruments
Beatstation marks the next step in powerful yet simple sound design and music production from Toontrack.
It is not just a drum sampler. It is not just a bass sampler. It is not just a melodic sampler. It is all of these things combined in one powerful but simple window, that puts you in the musical driver´s seat combining a variety of functions and features.
Combining drums, bass and lead instruments with drag and drop, REX and MIDI support, Beatstation is your companion for quickly getting a full beat up and running or for diving into the smallest details of what you want your sound to be, to be able to realize your music, your expression. Just take WAV or MP3 files from any source to create unique and inspiring combinations.
You can combine and edit individual slices from your favourite REX files or create playable instruments from a single sound. All this can be done just with a few clicks of the mouse, making Beatstation a hugely powerful yet easy to use virtual instrument. Do you already have Toontrack EZX or SDX expansion packs? These can be combined and edited inside Beatstation too.
Whether you use it on your portable travelling rig or in a full-on studio context, Beatstation adapts to meet the challenges of every production situation. It is not tied down to genre or style. It cannot be defined and limited to the use of a single group of musicians or producers.
It is constructed with Toontrack´s premium components which have been perfected over several years. This software instrument combines the experience and passion of one of the world´s best sound design teams. Also included are effects provided by Overloud, the award winning software development company that released Breverb and TH1.
Beatstation lets the new generation music producer freely combine the wealth of influences that are present in the music that drives the beat of the world.
Here are the key features of Beatstation;
* Sound sets can be created by dragging and dropping Wav, REX, MP3 and Toontrack library sounds on to the pads of Beatstation from the Beatstation browser or from the users computer harddrive mixing and matching any sounds available to build brand new personlized sound sets.
* Sounds can be recorded using the Beatstation recorder.
* Browse and playback audio and MIDI with all components in the browser drag and droppable into a host application.
* Beatstation allows the user to customize their playing surface to fit their needs by designing and changing skins as well customizing the order of the playing surface.
* Compatible sound sets include BTXs - the Beatstation expansion packs, EZXs - the EZdrummer expansion packs, SDXs - the Superior Drummer 2.0 expansion packs, Toontrack MIDI libraries and REX files of any description.
System Requirements :
Windows : 1.5Gb free disc space, dvd drive. XP, PIII/Athlon, 1.8 GHz, 512MB RAM
Mac : 1.5Gb free disc space, dvd drive. MAC OS X 10.4 or higher, G4 1 GHz, 512Mb RAM