TRAKTOR KONTROL X1
The most important features at a glance
* Designed by the creators of TRAKTOR for perfect software integration
* Plug and play - instant recognition by TRAKTOR with no setup required
* Precision designed high-end buttons, knobs and encoders
* Software controlled backlit buttons for comprehensive visual feedback
* Lightweight, robust housing with slim, ultra-portable form factor - fits perfectly alongside a standard club mixer
* Super-intuitive loop and cue control section
* 8 knobs and 8 buttons for simultaneous access to all effect parameters of both decks
* Push encoders for browsing and loading tracks to each deck instantly
* Expandable - connect two X1s to control four decks
* Compatible – incl. MIDI templates for controlling other DJ and performance software
From the makers of TRAKTOR comes TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 - the first official TRAKTOR controller for use with any DJ software. Whether you are a DVS timecode or software DJ, simply connect the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 to a computer running TRAKTOR (or other performance software) and gain instant control of your decks and effect parameters. Robust rotary knobs with a heavy-duty feel and backlit buttons provide precise visual and tactile status feedback- letting you delve deep inside TRAKTOR without having to touch your computer.
EVERYTHING UNDER KONTROL
Bi-directional communication with TRAKTOR via Native Instruments’ high resolution protocol gives the hardware a smoother and more precise feel compared to regular MIDI controllers. All buttons and knobs have been pre-mapped for optimum TRAKTOR use but can be re-configured in any way you like. TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 can also be used as a MIDI controller for any software as well as expanded with a second unit to control four decks and four FX units.
ACCESS ALL AREAS
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1's high-quality, back-lit LED buttons and push encoders are clearly arranged in distinct transport, browse, loop and effects sections. With enough room for convenient control of selecting, cueing, synching and pitching tracks, you always have the right music on hand. Eight knobs and eight buttons simultaneously control up to three effects on each deck, while the intuitive loop control section together with direct access to eight hotcues per track will have you remixing your music without interrupting the flow.
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 Bag
Available separately, the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 bag is a stylish and slim solution for DJs on the go. It features a soft, felt-padded inside and protective outer coating that keeps your investment safe, while two inner flaps allow the bag to be transformed into a solid stand, elevating the X1 to standard mixer and turntable height. A must-have for travelling DJs and any TRAKTOR KONTROL owner who wants to place the unit alongside a mixer, turntables, or CD decks!
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 comes with a powerful selection of software to get you mixing and making music straight out of the box. The included software consists of the following:
TRAKTOR LE makes it easy to mix your digital music files. This convenient DJ software offers two playback decks, a 2-channel mixer, and more.
KORE 2 PLAYER & KORE INSTRUMENT
If you produce your own music, the included KORE 2 PLAYER offers 600 MB of production-ready sounds for use in any sequencer.
Highest Quality Components
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 stands out with exceptionally high quality workmanship. With meticulous attention to detail, the knobs and buttons have been designed for maximum accuracy and precision in both look and feel.
With its slim, yet super-sturdy construction, the X1 is your companion in any DJing situation. The optional transport bag not only serves to securely transport the unit, but can be turned into a stand that puts X1 at exactly the same height as standard mixers and other DJ hardware.
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 features a total of 30 buttons, 4 push encoders and 8 knobs arranged in the following sections:
1. EFFECTS SECTION
8 high resolution potentiometers and 8 buttons make up the effect section of TRAKTOR KONTROL X1. This section allows control of all the parameters of 2 TRAKTOR effect units simultaneously. In Chained mode, this means simultaneous control over 3 effects per deck. The effects section buttons are programmed to give direct access to 3 of your favorite effect presets.
2. BROWSE SECTION
One push encoder per deck is dedicated to browsing through play lists and loading tracks. Simply turn the push encoder to find the track you want, and push it to load it into the corresponding deck. Once the track is loaded the same encoders seek through the track, using tempo sync'd beat jumps to remain in time.
3. LOOP SECTION
This section allows for intuitive control of TRAKTOR's loop function, giving clear visual feedback about the loop status via LEDs. The section offers first level access to auto loops and manual loops as well as loop editing functions such as loop size and loop position, both coarse and fine.
4. TRANSPORT SECTION
This section provides direct access to basic playback controls as well as shifted access to 8 secondary functions for each deck. All buttons for industry standard workflows (Play, Sync, Cue + Cup) are located here. Switch to hotcue mode and you get another 16 buttons for controlling the 8 hot cues or hot loops per track. Plus, the CUP button flashes in time with the deck's BPM as an added visual mix aid.
* Seamlessly adjustable LED brightness adapts to any environment from bright daylight to the darkest club
* Button off glow for reading button labels in absolute darkness.
* All buttons feature backlights in multiple colors for ease of useFX buttons: orange. Transport buttons: blue MIDI mode: green. Shift + Hotcue buttons: white.
* Bi-directional communication with TRAKTOR using NHL (Native Hardware Library). The NHL protocol features resolution that is almot 4 times that of regular MIDI
* Calibration wizard precisely and individually defines mid-point of each knob
* The controller is pre-mapped by the makers of TRAKTOR, with the option to freely customize any individual part. Tweak the defaults or reconfigure the mapping entirely to your preferred workflow
* Included powerful MIDI configuration software provides templates for various applications and gives access to advanced features such as encoder step size, note up/down encoder messages and more
* Fully hot-pluggable in TRAKTOR. The X1 runs the instant you connect it to your computer with TRAKTOR running. If the USB connection is accidentally disconnected TRAKTOR continues to play unaffected. Simply plug the X1 back in and it's good to go again.
Integration with Serato Scratch Live™
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 is a flexible MIDI controller for Serato Scratch Live™ users. Thanks to the included SSL MIDI assignment and a printed overlay in the packaging, TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 can be used right out of the box with your Serato setup. Not only does it perfectly complement your setup, it makes it even more powerful!
SERATO OVERLAY INCLUDED
The included Serato overlay means you won't have to use the keyboard shortcuts or keyboard overlays of your computer - in fact you won't have to touch you computer at all! Just put the overlay on top of your TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 unit and you’re ready to go!
The TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 overlay for Serato Scratch Live™ is clearly arranged in distinct Track Browse, Cueing and Looping sections for each deck. There are dedicated buttons for 1-button access to Relative and Absolute modes for each deck. Plus, six buttons and six high-quality knobs provide direct access to Serato's SP-6 sample player, making TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 the perfect addition to your Serato Scratch Live™ setup as well as a unique solution for getting hands-on with loops, cues, and samples!
With enough room for convenient control of track browsing, hotcueing or firing off samples, you always have the right music on hand - keeping you in the flow at all times. The intuitive Loop Control section, together with direct access to all five hotcues per track, will have you remixing your music effortlessly.
Robust rotary knobs with a heavy-duty feel provide precise tactile feedback - letting you delve deep into your mixes without having to touch your computer.
* The controller includes a pre-mapping for Serato Scratch Live™ 1.9 with the option to freely customize any individual part. Tweak the defaults or reconfigure the mapping entirely to your preferred workflow
* Included powerful MIDI configuration software gives access to advanced features such as encoder step size, note up/down encoder messages and more
* A handy calibration wizard individually defines the mid-point of each knob individually
System Requirements, Dimensions and Power Supply
Windows: Windows® XP (SP2, 32 bit), Vista (SP1, 32 bit, 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit, 64 bit), Pentium IV or Athlon 1.4 GHz (SSE1), 1 GB RAM
Mac: Mac OS® X 10.5, Mac OS® X 10.6, G4 1,4 GHz or Intel®Core™ Duo 1.66 GHz, 1 GB RAM
General: Monitor with 1024 x 768 screen resolution, USB 2.0, DVD drive
Dimensions: 4.7" (120 mm) x 2" (52 mm) x 11.5" (294 mm)
Weight: 1.5 lb (691 grams)
Power Supply via USB 2.0 interface, 5V 500mA bus power.
No additional power supply or battery is needed.