- 1x DDJ-RZ
- 2x PLX-1000
- 2x RB-VS1-K
Pioneer DJ is launching the DDJ-RZ and DDJ-RX – the first hardware to deliver native control of rekordbox djperformance software, announced today.The controllers give rekordbox DJsthe ultimate flexibility and convenience: to prepare their tracks in rekordbox and then get plug-and-play performance with the software, direct from their laptop.
rekordbox dj is a Plus Pack available to buy from within the latest rekordbox software. Unlocking rekordbox dj gives DJs access to features including Hot Cues, Sampler, Slicer, Sound Colour FX, Beat FX, Beat Jump and the industry’s first Pad FX.And with the fastest response time,it’s a stable and reliable performer in any environment.
The DDJ-RZ and DDJ-RX mirror the layout of the software precisely to enable intuitive creative performances. Low latency jog wheels with On Jog Display, multi-coloured Performance Pads and a four-channel mixer deliver highly responsive, tactile control. New to these controllers are the beat parameter buttons, Sampler Cue mode, and the Sequencer mode – which lets DJs record and loop sample sequences onthefly. Plus improved MIC channels deliver a high-quality sound
The top-flight DDJ-RZ takes the creative possibilities even further,sharing all the features of the DDJ-RX, plus a club-quality magnetic crossfader and large jog wheels inherited from the top-flight CDJ-2000NXS. The OSC Sampler gives DJs the freedom to trigger and manipulate pre-set oscillator samples – or load their own in rekordbox dj. Two USB sound cards and ports with a top-loaded input switcher enable smooth DJ transitions.
Layout mirrors rekordbox dj for instinctive control
The DDJ-RZ and DDJ-RX are designed and built to deliver the tightest possible integration and fast response with rekordbox dj.
- Multi-coloured Performance Pads: 16 large, rubber Performance Pads instantly trigger quantized Hot Cues, Slicer and the new Pad FX
- Low latency jog wheels: with On Jog Display for at-a-glance playback and cue information.
- Four-channel mixer: DJs can perform with all four of rekordbox dj’s decks, and each channel has its own level meters and trim pots for even greater control. Plus, with multiple input and outputs – including two Master Outs and a Booth Out – the versatile controllers can also be used as stand-alone mixers.
Instant access to a wealth of FX and functions
Both controllers deliver touch-of-a-button control of rekordbox dj’s FX, plus on-board functions to give DJs more creative choice. Performance Pads have multi-coloured backlit LEDS to give a visual reference to modes and Hot Cues, while Velocity Mode lets DJs control the sample volume with how much pressure they apply.
- PAD FX: DJs can create multiple FX chains using all 16 pads.
- Sound Colour FX: the DDJ-RZ’s four FX buttons are pre-set to Space, Jet, Pitch and Filter, while the DDJ-RX’s will trigger Noise, Crush, Pitch and Filter.
- NEW Sequencer: the rekordbox DJ controllers are first to feature the Sequencer, which lets DJs record, play and loop pad routines on the fly.
- Release FX: DJs can exit complex FX patterns by selecting vinyl brake, echo or back spin and twisting the dial.
- Beat FX: DJs can select up to three of the software’s quantized Beat FX, then twist the dial to manipulate the parameters of each.
- Quantized Beat Jump: lets DJs jump backwards or forwards by any number of beats.
- Slip Mode: inherited from the CDJ-2000NXS, Slip Mode silently continues playback during a loop, reverse or scratch, then brings the music back at the right point afterwards.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF THE DDJ-RZ
OSC Sampler for enhanced manipulation of sound :
The DDJ-RZ features an oscillator sampler, which allows DJs to overlay four pre-set sounds – Noise, Sine, Siren and Horn – and modulate the output using the dial. Or DJs can load their own sounds to the banks in rekordbox dj.
2 USB ports for seamless DJ handovers
Two sound cards and USB ports plus a top-loaded input switchermean two laptops can be connected at the same timefor seamless DJ transitions.
Durable, responsive magnetic crossfader
The DDJ-RZ is equipped with Pioneer DJ’s own magnetic crossfader for smooth, steady control. Two metal shafts support the fader, while the contact-free magnetic system is designed to last for millions of performances.
- Jog Feeling Adjust lets DJs set their preferred resistance on the jog wheels
- P-Lock Fader Cap stops fader cap coming off during energetic performances
- Auto standby switches the controller off after a period of inactivity
Multiple inputs and outputs for flexible set-ups
The versatile DDJ-RZ and DDJ-RX have multiple inputs and outputs to give DJs the flexibility to connect laptops, CDJs and turntables and use the controllers as stand-alone mixers. Plus two Master Outs and a Booth Out ensure high-quality connections with PA systems.
- Professional build quality
- High-quality audio circuitry
- Crossfader curve adjust
- Fader Start function
- Needle Search
- High-quality MIC input
- Includes license key for DVS control
Software: Rekordbox DJ
- CD/Line x 4 (RCA)
- Phono x 2 (RCA)
- MIC x 2 (XLR and 1/4-inch TRS jack x 1, 1/4-inch TRS jack x 1)
- Master Out x 2 (RCA x 1, XLR x 1)
- Booth Out x 1 (1/4-inch TRS jack)
- Headphone Monitor Out x 2 (Front 1/4-inch TRS jack, 3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- USB (Type B) x 2
Frequency response: 20Hz ～ 20kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion ratio: 0.002% or less (PC)
S/N ratio: 111 dB or above (PC)
Maximum dimensions （W×H×D） :
870 x 98.4 x 419.5mm
Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 Pro / Windows 8 (The latest service pack) Windows 7 Home Premium / Professional / Ultimate (The latest service pack)
Intel® Processer Dual Core 2.0GHz or higher
4 GB or more of RAM
Mac OS X 10.10, 10.9, 10.8 (Updated to the latest version)
Intel Processer Dual Core 2.0 GHz or higher
4 GB or more of RAM
Hard Drive: 250 MB or more of free space (not including space for storing music files, etc.)
Sound: Audio output to speakers, headphones, etc. (internal or external audio device)
USB port : A USB 2.0 port is used to connect a controller or a mixer, and export track files to a USB storage device such as a flash drive and a hard disk drive
Playable music file: MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC
Internet connection: Internet access is needed to create a rekordbox account and to download and activate the software
Display resolution: Resolution of 1280 x 768 or greater