The LP Afuche®/Cabasa, Martin Cohen's second patented invention, was developed nearly thirty years ago. It has since become the most popular hand percussion instrument ever created!
* Constructed using endless loops of steel bead chain wrapped around a specially textured, stainless steel cylinder
* Wooden flanges enclose the cylinder and a wooden handle is attached to the bottom
* Mini model features plastic flanges and handle
* Larger models produce louder, fuller sounds while the smaller models provide more control and softer volumes
* Designed to create rhythmic scraping sounds and patterns
* Beads can be rotated around the textured steel or the instrument can be spun or shaken for varying sounds