The R-05 provides pristine, uncompressed stereo recording directly to SD card — up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. Whether recording directly with the built-in stereo mic or capturing sounds from an externally connected microphone or stereo line input, you’ll be impressed with the R-05’s detail and clarity. And for worry-free recording, the convenient Rehearsal mode ensures that you won’t overload the input.
Even though the R-05 integrates fluidly with computers via USB 2.0, this new-generation recorder doesn’t require a PC for editing. For speed and convenience, you can trim, divide, and combine within the R-05. And for those who’d like to apply a high-gloss finish to their recordings, the R-05 is equipped with built-in reverb.
In a rehearsal studio, you can make clear recordings of your band, even at high volume levels. The R-05 can automatically set the optimum recording level, and can split the songs for you automatically. It’s also possible to simultaneously record a high-quality WAV file for CD production and an MP3 file for file sharing.
The R-05 can help you practice your instrument or vocals. You can repeatedly loop a specified region of audio, or change the playback speed without changing the pitch. You can play back a difficult phrase slowly or play back at high speed to grasp the overall structure of a song in a short time.
For Non-Musicians Too!
Musicians will naturally gravitate to the R-05, but this portable recorder is great for many non-musical applications as well. Record lectures, speeches, and meetings, for example. The high-sensitivity, built-in microphone will clearly capture all of the voices in a room. The included windscreen and tripod mount enhance optimal placement and cleaner recordings as well.
Affordable Pocket Recorder with Advanced Features
The compact R-05 is easy to use, affordable, and packed with big-ticket features that raise the bar in its price class. Experience crystal-clear 24/96 capture, enhanced recording and editing features, and extended battery life (over 16 hours per charge). On stage, in rehearsal, at school, on the street, in the boardroom — whenever inspiration strikes, let the R-05 capture the moment with convenience and quality.
* High-quality stereo recording (24-bit / 96kHz) with the built-in stereo mic or external input
* Records directly to SD card with extended battery life (over 30 hours continuous playback, over 16 hours continuous recording)
* Strong, attractive metallic exterior
* Onboard editing functions; built-in reverb
* Music-practice features (change tempo without changing pitch, loop playback, etc.)
* Auto record start, auto song split, auto level adjust
* Pre Record function (captures 2 seconds of audio that precedes pressing REC)
* Use as a high-quality portable audio player (plays WAV and MP3 files)
* Windscreen and 2 Gb SD card included
* Tracks: 2 (stereo)
* Signal Processing: AD/DA conversion: 24-bit, 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz
* Data Type: [For Recording] *Stereo only, Sampling Rate: 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, Bit Depth: 16/24-bit Sampling Rate: 44.1/48 kHz, Bit Rates: 64/96/128/160/192/224/320 kbps Sampling Rate: 44.1/48 kHz, Bit Depth: 16-bit, Bit Rates: 128 kbps [For Playback] Sampling Rate: 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, Bit Depth: 16/24-bit Sampling Rate: 32/44.1/48 kHz, Bit Rates: 32 to 320 kbps or VBR (Variable Bit Rate)
* Memory Card: SD Card, SDHC format compatible
* Audio Inputs: Internal Stereo Microphone, Mic input (Stereo miniature phone type, plug-in powered mic), Line input (Stereo miniature phone type), *The Internal/External Mic and the Line input can’t be used at the same time; only the Line input is effective.
* Audio Output: Phones (Stereo miniature phone type)
* Nominal Input Level (Variable): Mic input: -33 dBu (MIC GAIN is H, Default input level), Mic input: -15 dBu (MIC GAIN is L, Default input level), Line input: -7 dBu (Default input level)
* Input Impedance: Mic input (MIC GAIN is H): 7 kΩ, Mic input (MIC GAIN is L): 5 kΩ, Line input: 8 kΩ
* Output Level: 20 mW + 20 mW (In case 16 Ω load)
* Recommended Load Impedance: 16 Ω or greater
* Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 40 kHz
* USB Interface: Mini-B type connector (support USB 2.0/1.1 mass storage device class)
(Playback only. Excludes playback in 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz.)
* Reverb: 4 types (Hall1, Hall2, Room, Plate)
* Speed change: 50 to 150 % of playback speed
* Display: 128 x 64 dot graphic display
* Power Supply: AC Adaptor, Alkaline dry battery LR6 (AA) type x 2 or Nickel Hydrogen battery (HR15/51) x 2
* Current Draw: 290 mA (MAX)
* Duration of continuous use with Alkaline battery operation: (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.) Playback: over 30 hours, Recording: over 16 hours
* Dimensions: 59.6 (W) x 103.0 (D) x 25.0 (H) mm/2-3/8 (W) x 4-1/16 (D) x 1 (H) inches
* Weight: 140 g/5 oz (including batteries)
* Accessories: Owner’s manual, Quick start guide, SD card, Batteries (two AA), USB cable (mini-B type), Windscreen