Apogee Quartet is the ultimate desktop audio interface and studio control center for professional recording on Mac and iPad. Made for the musician, producer and engineer that wants the ultimate sound quality and studio control in a compact desktop form factor, Quartet features legendary Apogee AD/DA conversion, 4 world-class microphone preamps, USB MIDI I/O, ESS Sabre32 DAC technology and monitor controls.
When you buy and register your Apogee Quartet, you have access to incredible prices on any Waves audio plugins you want. Registered Apogee Quartet customers will receive a discount code good for 25% off a single plugin or 35% off any Waves bundle plus an additional $100 voucher* that can be used towards their next Waves plugin purchase. Take advantage of Quartet’s low latency USB connection and powerful native Mac processing to join the ranks of top engineers and producers who count on Waves and Apogee to deliver hit after hit.
With Quartet’s 4 Combo inputs you can connect microphones, guitars, keyboards or line level devices such as external mic preamps or a mixing board. Expand your system with 8 additional inputs via Quartets optical (ADAT/SMUX) digital IN. Quartet also includes 8 analog outputs – 6 1/4” balanced outputs for connection to speakers or outboard equipment and a separate, independently controlled 1/4” stereo headphone output. You can control up to 3 pairs of speakers or set Quartet up for 5.1 surround monitoring.
Apogee Quartet Highlights
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz / 24-bit.
- 4 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices.
- 8 analog outputs – 6 balanced 1/4” outs for speakers or outboard gear, 1/4” stereo headphone output.
- Includes special offers on Waves plugins (available upon registration)
- 8 digital inputs via 2 optical connections (ADAT/SMUX).
- Monitor control for up to 3 sets of speakers or 5.1 surround.
- USB 2.0 High Speed connection to Mac.
- Direct digital connection with iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. 30-pin cable sold separately).
- Software control of hardware parameters including input selection and low latency monitoring.
The ultimate desktop studio interface and control center for Mac
Apogee Quartet is a professional USB audio interface designed to deliver the ultimate desktop recording experience to the Mac-based studio. Featuring 4 inputs and 8 outputs of Apogee's industry-leading AD/DA conversion technology as well as 4 world-class mic preamps, Quartet bridges the gap between the 2-channel Apogee Duet and the 8-channel Apogee Ensemble.
Complete Connections : All the I/O you need with room to grow
Connect up to 4 microphones, instruments, keyboards or line inputs. Plug in your MIDI controller or keyboard. Expand with up to 8 digital inputs. Monitor and mix it all in stereo, with up to 3 sets of speakers or in 5.1 surround. Quartet is the center of the modern studio and will help you take the performance and sound quality of your projects to the next level.
Total Creative Control : Simple, powerful and easy to work with
With its ergonomic, angular design and intuitive user interface, Quartet is inspiring, easy to use and in perfect harmony with your workspace. Dual full-color screens for critical input and output details, QuickTouch pads for easy I/O selection, and a single controller knob to conduct it all, make Quartet the perfect studio control center for your Mac.
Legendary Sound Quality : Why Apogee Quartet is the best choice for your studio
Apogee is an award-winning industry leader in digital recording technology with over 25 years of experience. Preferred by recording pros around the world, Apogee products like Duet, Ensemble and Symphony I/O have been instrumental in creating countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning recordings and have set the industry standard in professional recording for over two decades. Quartet is built solidly on this reputation.
A difference you will hear
From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Quartet is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Quartet was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear.
Pristine, next generation AD/DA converters
Much like the mic preamps, Quartet's AD/DA converters are designed to deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. Quartet's efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path resulting in incredibly transparent recordings.
Smooth, detailed world-class mic preamps
Quartet's mic preamps feature the latest components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software, while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Quartet's mic pres are suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, allowing you to capture any sound without compromise.
Quartet is equipped with 4 combination input connectors (XLR and 1/4") for connecting microphones, guitars and keyboards or your favorite external mic preamps, compressors and EQs.
Quartet also includes 8 channels of digital input via 2 optical connections (ADAT/SMUX) for connecting an additional analog-to-digital converter such as Apogee's Ensemble.
Quartet's 6 balanced 1/4" TRS outputs offer an impressive range of possibilities. Listen and compare stereo mixes on up to three sets of speakers. Mix your audio or Final Cut video project in 5.1 surround. You can also take Quartet on the road and use all three stereo sets on stage, sending signal to the performer, monitor mixer and front-of-house. Quartet also features a studio-quality 1/4" headphone output allowing you to independently adjust your headphone level separate from the main outputs.
Quartet provides Word Clock OUT for synching an external A/D converter to Apogee's superior clocking technology.
Quartet provides a single USB MIDI connection for your CoreMIDI compatible keyboard, synth, or DJ controller. This leaves an extra USB port available on your Mac for external hard-drives and other devices, eliminating the need for an external MIDI interface.
Digital inputs with Apogee Ensemble
12 IN x 8 OUT :
For Ensemble users that need more inputs, Quartet's digital input connection allows you to use the premium analog inputs and preamps of both devices simultaneously. Enjoy a combined total of 12 analog inputs (8 with mic pres) along with Quartet's 8 analog outputs, assignable Touchpads, and advanced control capabilities. Quartet's USB connection lets you continue enjoying Ensemble's high-quality Mic Pres and AD conversion with the latest Mac Models and lower latency than ever possible with Firewire 400.
- Quartet: USB to Mac
- Ensemble: ADAT/Optical (standalone mode) to Quartet
- Total Analog Inputs: 12
- Total Mic Pres: 8
- Total Analog Outputs: 8
- Requires Word Clock connection
- WC OUT from Quartet to WC INPUT of Ensemble or other interface
USB aggregation with Apogee Duet 2
6 IN x 12 OUT with 6 mic preamps :
Duet 2 users can add more channels of high-quality Apogee conversion to their existing setups by adding Quartet. Connect both Quartet and Duet 2 to your Mac's USB ports and aggregate the two devices for a combined total of 6 analog inputs and 12 analog outputs of premium Apogee AD/DA conversion.
- Quartet USB to Mac
- Duet: USB to Mac
- Total Analog Inputs: 6
- Total Mic Pres: 6
- Total Analog Outputs: 12
* Mic Pre :
- EIN: 128dB (un-weighted) @ 60dB, 150Ohm input
- Max input level: +20dBu
- Input impedance: 3KOhm
* Hi-Z :
- Max input level 14 dBu
- Input impedance: >2MOhm
* A/D conversion :
- Max input level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max input level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Input impedance: 5KOhm
- Freq resp 20 Hz -20Khz: > +/-0.2dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD + N: -106dB (@ 96Khz)
- Dyn. Range: 114dB (A-weighted)
* D/A conversion :
- Max output level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max output level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
- Max output level headphones: 19dBu
- HPH output impedance 30 Ohm.
- Freq resp 20Hz -20 Khz: > +/- 0.05dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD+N : -113dB (@96Khz)
- Dyn Range: 123dB (A-weighted)
* System Requirements :
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8, 10.7.4 or greater
- Connection: Any available USB port on a Mac
- Power: DC Power supply included
- USB 2.0 High-speed Mac audio interface
- 4 Analog Inputs:
- Combination line (balanced +20dBu max)
- Mic/Instrument (+20dBu/+14dBu max)
- 4 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
- Digital Inputs:
- ADAT/SMUX Input, 8 channels, 2 Toslink connectors, 44.1kHz to 96kHz
- MIDI input (USB-A type connector)
- 8 Analog Outputs:
- 6 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- 1 Independent 1/4" stereo headphone output
- MIDI output (USB-A type connector)
- Word clock output on BNC connector
- A/D and D/A conversion: 24 bit/192kHz
- 2 top panel high-resolution OLED displays
- Controller knob
- 6 touchpads for direct selection of inputs and outputs
- 3 assignable touchpads to control:
- Mute Outputs
- Dim Outputs
- Sum to Mono
- Clear Meters
- Engage Speaker Set (allows monitoring of up to 3 pairs of speakers)
In the box :
- 2 meter USB Cable
- Universal Power Supply with standard 3 pin-IEC cable
- QuickStart Guide
- Instructions for download of software and complete documentation
Quartet works with any Core Audio compatible application including:
- Pro Tools 9 and 10
- Final Cut
- Ableton Live
- Studio One
- Digital Performer
Marken Referenznummer:RAG QUARTET