BE INSPIRED... BY MUSE
Designed to become the natural extension of your breath, each note has clarity, immediate vibration and guaranteed reliability via the EVOLUTION★ system. We are presenting you this new tool for playing with great ease.
For four years, the Henri SELMER Paris development team and orchestra clarinet players from different countries, brought together for this project, have been combining their knowledge and experience to produce the MUSE set of professional clarinets.
With optimised ergonomics, tone rich in harmonics and well calibrated intonation with precise intervals, ultimately, its reliability lies in its materials thanks to the EVOLUTION★ system. MUSE clarinets were designed to become both tools and accomplices for clarinet players and they benefit from the excellent manufacturing quality of Henri SELMER Paris clarinets.
The care taken in selecting the wood and the refined aesthetics of these instruments, in addition to how pleasing they are to play, will aim to inspire clarinet players from all generations and music styles, both amateurs and professionals.
Thanks to MUSE, free your artistic potential and inspire the world!
- New conical bores for both 64 and 65mm barrels
- New conical bores of the body
- G# C# precision optimized by a raised tone hole
- New geometry of the holes
- New bell bores
- Placement and correction tone hole of low F and E notes on the lower joint.
MECHANICS AND MATERIALS
- Interior lining in resin on the body from the top EVOLUTION★ system
- Adjusting screw for the C lever
- Adjusting screw for each of the low F and E correction keys
- Upper joint fitted together with the crimped metal lower joint
- 4 and 7mm metal rings
- Black chrome-plated metal bell ring
- Efficient sealing: Gore-Tex and leather pads with resonators and cork pads for the 12th key
- Specially selected granadilla wood, stabilized for three years in a controlled environment, at constant temperature and hygrometry.
- 100% natural wax
- Engraving of a feather, a symbol of lightness and creative freedom
- New ring design
- Ergonomic comfort similar to the one on our Privilège and Présence models, tested by numerous clarinetists worldwide.
- Adjustable thumb key for low F and E correction on the A clarinet, also available on the Bb clarinet.
EMBEDDED EVOLUTION★ SYSTEM
This innovation based on a new generation resin interior lining, providing better stability and longevity to the instrument, while preserving the acoustic qualities of the traditional wooden clarinet.
WOOD + RESIN: THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
The interior diameter of the upper joint is enlarged, only on the upper half, to add the resin. The final boring is then done in a traditional way – by hand and using the same tools.
INCREASED LONGEVITY WITH A 10-YEAR WARRANTY
Our production process in addition to the sealing properties of the resin create a hermetic envelope which prevents humidity infiltrating the wood fibers. Henri SELMER Paris has therefore solved the problem of cracks on the most fragile part of the instrument, the upper joint.
Henri SELMER Paris offers a 10-year warranty on all upper joints of clarinets made with the EVOLUTION★ system.
THE ACOUSTIC QUALITY OF THE WOODEN CLARINET PRESERVED
Scientific studies along with blind acoustic tests demonstrated that there is no notable difference in sound between traditional clarinets and EVOLUTION★ system clarinets.
The thermal conductivity characteristics of the resin are superior to those of ebony: clarinets fitted with the EVOLUTION★ system heat up more quickly and ensure the pitch is more stable. Practical for changing clarinets quickly.
Brand reference number:1104112411