For pros working in the creative fields, a computer’s processing power alone is not enough to get the job done. A prime example is the latest MacBook Pro®, which, while offering great performance, lacks the PCIe expansion slots necessary to support specialty cards that connect pro video and audio inputs, transcode data, and connect to high-speed storage and networks. Instead of slots, these computers include high-performance Thunderbolt™ 3 ports to support peripherals. Sonnet’s Echo™ Express III-D (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) leverages the Thunderbolt 3 ports’ PCIe data to connect PCIe expansion slots outside of a computer. This powerful desktop Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion system enables you to connect three professional PCIe cards—including video capture, audio interface, SAS or SATA HBA, 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and RAID controllers—at the same time to any computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
The Echo Express III-D (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) features a 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface, which offers double the PCIe bandwidth and connectivity of Thunderbolt 2, and yields up to 2750 MB/s of bandwidth, enabling it to support 4K video capture and processing cards at high frame rates, and 16Gb FC cards and dual-port 10GbE cards at full performance(1)(2). With the ability to handle multiple demanding, high performance PCIe cards, support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60Hz or one 5K display @ 60Hz(3), and support for a vast array of Thunderbolt(4) and USB(5) devices, Thunderbolt 3 is a leap forward in every way.
- Connects Three Full-Length PCIe Cards to any Computer with Thunderbolt 3 Ports—Use multiple high-performance PCIe cards at the same time
- Three PCIe 3.0 Slots—Supports three full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Offers 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth, doubling the performance of Thunderbolt 2
- Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports—One port used to connect to the computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt(4) peripheral devices to your computer, attaching a single USB(5) peripheral device, or connecting up to two 4K displays or one 5K display(3)
- Remarkably Quiet—Large, temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans that automatically cool the cards, plus computer-modeled design that reduces airflow turbulence and velocity, combine to provide quieter cooling for all cards
- Built-in Universal Power Supply—Integrated 300W power supply with 75W auxiliary power connector
- Rugged Aluminum Housing—Provides robust and secure protection
- Power for Peripherals—Provides up to 15W of power to connected peripherals
-Every Thunderbolt 3 Compatible, Non-GPU Card Supported—Works with every Thunderbolt 3 compatible PCIe card, regardless of length or height
- Thunderbolt 3 Cable & ThunderLok 3L Included—Includes 1-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3L Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
Brand reference number:ECHO-EXP3FD-TB3