The MixDream is a cascadable, 16-in-2 analog mixer in a 19“/1U format. Any DAW or digital console can be expanded with high-grade analog stereo summing functionality.
MixDream Advantages—An Overview
- Active analog summing on just 1U rack space—no analog mixing console necessary
- Sophisticated, active Class A/6oV stages for analog summing in the quality of the best consoles
- All analog tracks can be summed before A/D conversion.
- Channel adjustments and automation (level, panorama etc.) remain controlled from the DAW—no digital efficiency is lost
- Lower DAW processor utilization rates
- Latency free monitoring
- Surround capable (from up to 3 MixDreamXP units)
- Channel capacity expandable through linked units
- Proprietary differential amplifiers for each input
The MixDreamXP design plan provides for stereo mixdown at the analog level. This concept offers high-grade analog summing without panorama and fader controls, in turn allowing an engineer to retain the entire scope of his computer automation. In use, the MixDreamXP requires almost no departures from an engineer‘s usual working mode, so that all his trusted DAW features and familiar working routines remain available while the MixDreamXP seamlessly expands his aural mixing palette.
One MixDreamXP can sum up to 16 audio tracks to a stereo signal, and should the need arise for more than 16 tracks, several MixDreamXP may be linked together. Owners of a MixDream, model 2384, can expand this unit with the cost effective MixDreamXP at an identical quality level and by the way, that‘s where the suffix „XP“ comes from (=Expansion).
The MixDreamXP discrete class A technology is based on the same 60-volt rails (+/- 30V) of the MixDream model 2384. Newly developed circuitry, based on the most modern analog components, guarantees an extremely high slew rate, a very low noise level of -97dBu and a dynamic range of 125dB. Thus the MixDreamXP easily reaches the technical level of the best analog consoles.
Brand reference number:2591