PPG Wave 3.V is the reincarnation of the legendary PPG Wave, one of the most popular synths of the 1980s, developed by Wolfgang Palm. This synth, which can be heard on an incredible number of hits of the time, has inspired a whole generation of producers, composers and artists. Only a few musicians could afford a PPG Wave that cost at the time the price of a half car. Today you can find this legendary sound in VST or AudioUnit format. PPG Wave 2 was the first digital synth with analog filters that offered a range of new sounds. A little later, the PPG Wave 2.2 came out and stayed in the history with its arsenal of waveforms, analog sounds, bells, choirs, available in 64 waveforms. To recreate the sound of the original, Waldorf appealed to Wolfgang Palm. Depending on the host computer, the Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V can produce up to 256 voices. By voice, it offers two wavetable oscillators with playback samples playback in 8, 12 or 32 bit. Also, an analog imperfection is simulated to recreate a fat and warm sound. It has a 12 dB / 24 dB low-pass filter, which perfectly simulates the PPG Wave 2.2 / 2.3 filter. An overdrive behind the filter brings possibilities of modulations. OS: Windows XP and up, MAC OS X 10.3.9 (and up).
- Filter Overdrive simulating transistors or lamps
- Digital oscillators reproduction of PPG Wave 2.2 and 2.3.
- more than 100 new wave tables created by Wolfgang Palm.
- Sample playback * Complete sample library Waveterm B
- Original PPG Wave 2.3 factory sounds
- 6 integrated effects processors
- Effect types: Equalizer, Overdrive, 12 Stage Phaser, 6 Stage Chorus, Stereo Delay, Reverb, 12db / 24db Filter Slope, Tube Filter
Brand reference number:WAL015