The Zoom R16 instantly transforms any environment into a recording studio. In addition to a 16-track recorder, it can also serve as a control surface for a digital audio station and an audio interface for a computer, allowing you to create great music at home or wherever your travels take you . The R16 has it all: built-in stereo condenser microphones, 8 mic / line / instrument level inputs for connecting external equipment, 135 internal DSP effects - and even a chromatic tuner.
Multitrack recording has never been easier
The R16 offers 16 tracks for recording and playback (8 tracks can be recorded simultaneously) in WAV format with optimal fidelity, making it ideal for both professional production applications and fast recording of your ideas musical. Battery powered allows you to record in the field and capture inspiration when it arises. You can directly connect external microphones or line-level sources to the R16, or use its pair of built-in stereo microphones for minimal configuration. It is also possible to connect instruments such as electric guitar or bass. Once your multitrack recording is complete, the R16 provides you with an internal mixer complete with real level sliders, EQ controls, pan controls and 135 built-in DSP effects, including amp modeling and effects. mastering like multiband compression, to create a stereo mix with studio quality sound.
Control your digital audio station
If you're using a digital audio station (DAW), you probably love working with your mix on the computer, but not with a mouse. The R16 brings you the ideal solution. Thanks to its Mackie Control ™ emulation, it can serve as a complete control surface for the most popular digital audio stations, such as Cubase, Logic and GarageBand, by providing you with real sliders and transport / direct access / status keys which simplify the process of creating the perfect mix. In addition, the five assignable function keys allow you to define cue marks and start advanced editing operations.
- USB audio interface and DAW controller
- 16-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording
- 24-bit / 44.1 kHz linear PCM recording in .wav format
- Support SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone
- Battery operation possible
- USB power supply for studio operation
- 8 microphone inputs
- 2 outputs (8 in 2)
- 8 balanced XLR / 6.3 mm jack combo sockets
- Possibility of high resolution recording: 24-bit / 96 kHz with DAW software
- Integrated effects
- Mackie control emulation via USB
- Can work as USB storage
- 2 Zoom R16 can be cascaded
- Supports Mac OS and Windows XP / Vista
- Supplied with Steinberg Cubase LE and ZOOM AD-14e power supply
Brand reference number:9551308000008