The 8th volume of Kurtág's outstanding piano miniatures includes 16 of his personal musical notes, messages composed between 1982 and 2005. Just as in the case of the earlier volumes Kurtág dedicates most of these pieces to members of his artistic and intellectual circle of friends, although some of them are homages.
1. Flower we are ... (embracing sounds)
2. One more voice from far away
3. Responsorium (Pilinszky: Egy hófehér kar)
4. Hommage a J. S. B.
6. Study to Pilinszky's 'Hölderlin' (position exercise)
7. Beating - Quarrelling
8. A quiet farewell to Endre Székely
9. Pilinszky János: Waltz - for two pianos
11. Flowers we are ... for Miyako
12. Flowers we are ... (alio modo) for Miyako
13. In memoriam Sebők György
14. ... tot ziens Jan ...
15. ... a solemn air ...
16. Flowers we are ... - for piano, upright piano and percussion