Dramma per musica in three acts
Urtext from Francesco Cavalli - Opere
Edition no. TP 891
“La Calisto” received its first performance in Venice in 1651 but only really achieved its breakthrough in the 20th century.
It is one of Cavalli’s most frequently-performed operas today. The reason for this success may have been the late acknowledgement of its masterly dramatic and musical structure.
The musical text is not presented in the usual small study score format, but in the vocal score format (19 x 27 cm). This results in an optimal and well-presented layout of the work.
The study score is ideal for analysis as well as for rehearsing the vocal parts.
- Reduced-size full score based on the first volume of the new Bärenreiter series, “Francesco Cavalli – Opere”
- Reflects the latest state of research
- Foreword (Eng) by the editor
- English translation of the libretto included separately (not singable)
- Practical for study and rehearsing the vocal parts