UAD-2 Live Rack is a 16-channel MADI effects processor for live sound engineers to craft their mixes using Realtime UAD Processing and industry-leading UAD plug-ins right out of the box. Up to four UAD-2 Live Rack units can be combined for up to 64 channels of MADI signal processing.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing
With its Realtime UAD QUAD Core Processing, UAD-2 Live Rack lets engineers enhance their live mixes with the world’s best analog emulations, courtesy of Universal Audio’s acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins library. This sleek 1U rackmount processor comes with a generous suite of UAD plug-ins, including legendary 1176 and Teletronix LA-2A compressors, and Pultec EQs. And existing UAD plug-in users can readily use their licensed UAD plug-ins with UAD-2 Live Rack.*
Live Rack Application
With the Live Rack application, front-of-house engineers can take advantage of intuitive features such as drag and drop, copy and paste, keyboard navigation, plug-in zoom, and the ability to store and recall channel strip presets and/or complete setup configuration Snapshots. Designed for seamless operation in a live setting, the Live Rack app features large text and GUI elements making it easy to quickly tweak parameters.
The Live Rack app also features MIDI snapshot recall capabilities as well as networked software integration with select Soundcraft Vi consoles.
UAD-2 Live Rack includes professional, fail-safe features for reliable live sound use. Redundant internal power supplies ensure that UAD-2 Live Rack will continue to process audio if one power supply fails. If the Live Rack application or computer fails, or its Thunderbolt cable is disconnected, UAD-2 Live Rack will still process audio with the last known plug-in state intact. And with the Live Rack app in Safe mode, destructive setting changes are prevented during a live show.
• 16-channel MADI effects processor for live mixing w/ Realtime UAD QUAD Core Processing and UAD plug-ins
• Process with acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins while mixing live sound
• Includes a suite of UAD plug-ins including Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
• Allows use of any licensed UAD plug-in(s) in users’ UAD accounts*
• Combine 4 units for up to 64 channels of Optical MADI signal processing
• Store configuration Snapshot files for easy recall of all show settings
• Load Snapshot configurations via MIDI or Soundcraft Vi CUE function
• Connects to Soundcraft Vi consoles via Ethernet for Snapshot CUE control
• Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Macs (for plug-in control only)
Live Rack Core Included Plug-Ins
• Pultec EQP-1A Legacy EQ
• Pultec Pro Legacy EQ
• UA 1176LN Legacy
• UA 1176SE Legacy
• Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
• UA RealVerb Pro
• Precision Mix Rack Collection
*A small number of UAD plug-ins are incompatible with UAD-2 Live Rack. For full details, visit help.uaudio.com.