8-piece Studio Mic Package
Designed, assembled, and tested by Audix in the USA, The Audix D Series and i5 represent the finest dynamic instrument microphones available today. Combined with the SCX25A and the SCX1HC, Audix offers the Studio Elite 8 (STE8) - a compelling array of eight microphones that will suit a wide variety of needs for critical recording applications. This collection of microphones enables artists and engineers to capture the sound at the source, regardless of the type of instrument or genre of music.
The Mics: (see individual product pages for technical data)
- D6: A dynamic low frequency microphone used for stage, studio and broadcast, the D6 is now the standard for kick drum miking. The D6 is also used with large toms, bass cabinets and other instruments requiring extended low frequency reproduction.
- i5: Although most commonly used for snare drum and guitar cabinets, the i5 is the perfect utility microphone for any studio and can be used to mic any instrument. The i5 is a dynamic microphone with clear accurate sound reproduction.
- D2: The D2 is a dynamic microphone designed for instruments requiring precise and accurate sound reproduction in the mid-bass frequencies, namely rack toms, congas, percussion and horns.
- D4: A dynamic microphone similar in profile to the D2, the D4 is tuned to provide an additional octave of low frequency response down to 40 Hz. The D4 is a perfect choice for floor toms, large rack toms, leslie cabinets, saxophones, baritone saxophones, bass flutes, trombones, low brass, acoustic bass, cajons and any instrument or sound effect requiring precise low frequency reproduction.
- SCX25A: Shock mounted within an intricate machined brass ring, the SCX25A features an elegant design and a patented capsule suspension system. The SCX25A delivers a pure, open-air sound with exceptional detail and realism, and is ideal for various acoustic instrument and vocal applications. The size, performance and profile of this microphone make it perfect for pianos, especially in situations where a short stick or closed lid is employed.
- SCX1HC: The SCX1HC is a hypercardioid pencil condenser microphone. A great choice for hi-hat, the SCX1HC is also ideal for instruments that require close miking along with pattern control to minimize room noise or surrounding instruments. The SCX1 Series microphones are available with cardioid or omni polar patterns, all of which feature interchangeable capsules.