Edition no.: BA10039-90
Editor: Dürr, Alfred / Freeman, Robert / Webster, James
Arranger: Eichhorn, Joachim
Language(s) of work: German, English
Language(s) of text: German, English
Product format: Piano reduction, Urtext edition
Pages / Format: IV, 50 Seiten - 27,0 x 19,0 cm
This cantata for the First Sunday after Trinity, first performed in 1726, is one of the most musically attractive compositions composed by Bach during his time as cantor at St. Thomas Church, Leipzig.
In its alternating scoring for oboes, recorders and strings, the opulently-structured opening chorus describes the gesture of the breaking of bread. The arias and recitatives for the two soloists, alto and tenor show Bach at the peak of his compositional powers. The two-part cantata concludes with a simple chorus.
- Urtext edition based on the \"New Bach Edition\"
- Richly coloured scoring using recorders and oboes
- Vocal score (Ger/Eng), foreword (Ger/Eng)
3. 1. (Chorus) Break with hungry men thy bread
4. 2. Recitativo (Basso): The bounteous God
5. 3. Aria (Alto): One\'s creator while on earth yet
6. Second part:
7. 4. (Basso) To do good and share your blessings
8. 5. Aria (Soprano): Highest, my possessions
9. 6. Recitativo (Alto): How shall I then, O Lord
10. 7. Choral: Blessed those who through compassion
Référence marque : BA1003990