Directional Headphone Microphone 4088 Beige DPA Microphones Strong>
The classic micro-headset 4088 is the industrial standard for professional micro-helmets. It offers open and natural sound, which makes it ideal for oral expression and voice performance applications.
This microphone offers excellent out-axis rejection in high acoustic pressure level situations. It effectively removes remote sound sources, making it perfect for demanding show environments where background noise and Larsen are concerns. In high acoustic pressure events, or when the Larsen is a concern, this microphone will take these challenges with ease. The bass response is designed for optimum linearity at 2-3 cm (1 inch) of the sound source. This means that low mitigation will be relatively large to a greater distance - a key factor when it comes to rejecting background noises and fighting feedback.
The smooth and elegant design of the 4088 directional headset makes it the true cardioid microphone carried on the world's most invisible head. This microphone has a safe double-ear design that can be used for various talent applications. It has a small diameter of 0.64 cm (0.25 in), which allows discrete use. It weighs only 14 g (.5 oz) and is very comfortable when it is worn for long periods. The microphone can be mounted on the right or left side.
The perch is longer 3 cm (1 in) than on the omnidirectional version, which corresponds to the need for an investment at the corner of the mouth. To avoid "pops", the capsule should not be placed directly in front of your mouth
LEGACY or CORE DE DPA - The choice is yours b>.
The Legacy 4088 has always been, and is always, one of the clearest, coherent and robust miniature microphones that you can find on the market. It is known to operate on a wide dynamic range and to have low distortion on all levels of sound pressure. If you need to pull a little more performance from your pickups, choose the core. The 4088 Core enjoys an increase of 14 dB of the dynamic range:
- Total harmonic distortion: <1% THD up to 137 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: TYP. 111 dB
IP58 Certified b>
All Microphones for Core By DPA technology are IP58 certified. This durability is achieved through a number of defense mechanisms:
- Nano-water-repellent coating of the lid and housing.
- Hermetic sealing of the sensitive amplifier located in the heart of the microphone.
- Double gold plating of the diaphragm.
The adapter system gives you flexibility b>.
Wireless system adapters offer flexible, simple and affordable capabilities when choosing the Microdot termination and an adapter. You are no longer bredged to a single wireless system. If the circumstances change, you can simply change the adapter, instead of engaging the cost of a brand new microphone. When you make the change, you will not hear any loss or modification of sound quality.
DPA miniature microphones work with all major wireless microphone solutions, such as Electrosonics, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Wisycom, Zaxcom and many others. The ingenious Microphone DPA adapter system is unique in the industry. It protects your investment in a fantastic sound for the coming years.
A little history on the cardioids b>
Named for its "heart-shaped" polar diagram, a cardioid (or directional) microphone has the greatest sensitivity at the front and is the least sensitive on the sides and at the back. There are many variants, with more or less wide sensitivity angles (supercardioid, hypercardioid, wide cardioid, etc.). Although cardioids also capture the sound from the sides, this off-axle sound will normally be more or less colorful and cushioned. The single technique of the DPA capsule, however, does not color the sound from the sides or the back of the microphone and simply reduces the sensitivity to these angles, thus offering perfect sound scenes. The amount of damping depends on the exact specifications of the microphone.
A cardioid microphone is, by definition, cushioned to -6 dB at the 90 side inlet of the microphone, but for many, the cardioid word usually covers the directivity microphones as opposed to the Omnis, which capture the sound in all directions. .
Because of their nature, directional pickups are often used on the stage, during concerts or spoken events, to capture the concentrated sound of an instrument or voice. The narrow sensitivity angle minimizes the background noise of other sounds on a very busy scene. One thing to note with cardioid microphones is the proximity effect, which causes an increase in the lower lower response the microphone is close to the sound source. Therefore, when you evaluate the specifications of a microphone, you must always search for a statement indicating the distance at which the flat frequency response has been measured. In addition, cardioid microphones are much more wind-sensitive, pops and manipulation sounds than omnidirectional pickups, so be sure to take precautions to protect yourself.
- Irreproachable audio quality
- Lightweight and flexible
- Easy mounting left or right
- Moisture resistant
- Flexible adapter system adapting to most professional wireless systems
Technical Specifications: H3> - Directional Diagram: Cardioid
- Operating principle: pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: pre-polarized capacitor
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Effective frequency range, 2 dB, Near field 2-3 cm (0.8 - 1.2 in): 100 Hz - 20 kHz (4 - 6 dB Soft Boost at 15 kHz)
- sensitivity, nominal, 3 dB to 1 kHz: 6 mV / PA; -44 dB re. 1 V / PA
- equivalent level of noise, weighted A: typ. 26 dB (a) Re. 20 ?Pa (max 28 dB (a))
- equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: TYP. 38 dB (max 40 dB)
- Distortion, THD <1% - LEGACY: 120 dB SPL RMS, 123 dB SPL Peak
- Distortion, THD <1% - Core: 134 DB SPL RMS, 137 DB SPL Crest
- Dynamic range - Legacy: TYP. 97 dB
- Dynamic beach - Core: TYP. 111 dB
- max. SPL, THD 10%: 144 DB SPL Crest
- Nominal output impedance: 30 - 40?
- Cable transmission capacity: up to 300 m with the XLR DAD6001-BC adapter.
- Power supply (for optimum performance): for wireless systems: min. 5 V - max. 10 V via the DPA adapter: with DAD6001-BC: P48 (ghost power supply). Works from 12 V
- Current consumption: TYP. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with XLR DAD6001-BC adapter
- connector: microdot, ta4f mini-xlr, lemo 3 pins, mini-jack
- Weight: 14 g (0.5 oz), cable and microdot connector included
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: 11 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: A positive increase in the sound pressure produces a positive voltage on the microdot spindle.
- Temperature range: -40 C to 45 C (-40 F at 113 F)
- Relative humidity (HR): up to 90%.
Brand reference number:4088-DC-A-F00-LH