VL21 Lanen Violin & Alto
A totally new range of instrument mic systems for on stage recording of all your acoustic instruments.
Violins and violas come in various sizes, so they need a fully adaptable mounting system, hence our decision to develop two flexible clamps.
We have chosen to use a unidirectional capsule for several reasons: cardioid capsules and their mounting can cause problems for musicians. They are also aesthetically dubious (especially in videos).
Our capsule is as close as possible to the sound source, just beneath the strings, tight against the soundboard, ensuring that the recording is richer in harmonics and more dynamic.
Clamp(s) and XLR adaptor are supplied for wired mic use (48V phantom power supply required). The mic can also convert to a UHF mic by connecting it to the Prodipe DSP/UHF Bodypack system (specially adapted for the Lanen 21 capsule impedance).
The VL21 Lanen Violin:
- Excellent natural sound.
- Very high acceptable sound pressure level (140 dB).
- UHF compatible (with Prodipe DSP/UHF Bodypack system - sold separately).
- Easy mounting.
- Lightweight rubber clamp specific to the instrument.
- Very high level of protection from instrument vibration.
- Mini XLR to XLR connector adaptor ensures that the mic lead is properly positioned on your instrument (48V phantom power supply required for wired connection).
- Sensibiliy: -37dB ±2dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1KHz)
- Impedance: 2.2 KΩ
- Directivity: omni-directional
- S/N ratio: 68dB
- Frequency response: 30-18000Hz
Brand reference number:PROVL21C